How to keep the Holy Ground green
Metalheads, in order to produce as little waste as possible during Wacken Open Air we have established deposit cups and other systems for quite a few years already. But this year we’re asking you to help us step up our game. We decided to shoot a little video (with english subtitles) to show everybody what you and us can to together to make W:O:A 2019 as sustainable as possible. Plus we’ve added a few ideas that might encourage you to join us. A lot of little things sure can make a difference.
- More and more articles are being purchased from Germany and the surrounding region, including the deposit cups.
- All food stands are requested not to give out non-compostable plastic tableware but to switch to appropriate alternatives.
- Backstage, real glasses are increasingly being used
- Electric bicycles, cars and scooters complement the fleet and replace conventional engines.
- Increased use of returnable bottles and cups instead of paper cups and similar containers
- Improvement of waste separation throughout the entire festival
- Use of water-saving vacuum toilets at several locations
- Strengthening of travel partners through coordinated promo and World Metal Camp, group travel instead of individual transport