Message from the traffic management
Thanks for your co-operation during the journey! Now we would like to give some practical hints for your departure in preparation:
• Only drive alert and completely sober. There will be police checks around Wacken.
• Choose, if possible, a departure time out of the peak hours - we suggest the early morning hours of the Sunday before main traffic begins.
• Please drive around damp places
• If a car gets stuck don´t immediately ask for a tractor. Please try to free you car with manpower in the beginning because the heavy tractors cause more harm to grounds.
• If everything else has failed you can order help from a tractor driver. Due to the weather situation and the condition of the camping grounds we offer an free towing service from Sunday morning 07.00 am. This service is for free for all festival visitors. The tractors are labeled as official production vehicles. You have to sign a form that the tractor drivers are not liable for any damage caused to the towed cars. If a tractor driver still charges a fee please immediately contact the W:O:A Office: 04827/998 599.
• Follow the instructions given by the stewards, traffic control and police - they know best how to help you get to the main roads. We use the A7 and A23 for the departure. To avoid traffic jam we are dependent on sending you on different motorways so please follow the instructions of the traffic signs and activate your navigation system at the earliest on the motorway!
• Should you be supposed to get picked up, please tell your drivers it's not possible to drive onto the camping ground. Please use the marked Kiss N Ride Spots (Mühlenweg, Wacken and Dorfstraße, Gribbohm and Holstenniendorf at the Kirchweg).
Should you travel by bus, shuttle bus & train or taxi:
* Shuttle buses leave for Itzehoe regularly from Saturday to Sunday afternoon (14:00 / 2 pm last ride).
* For the shuttle bus have your ticket ready to show.
* At the exit of Camping A please look out for the signs (flags)
* Pay attention to the announcements and Video Wall at the bus stop - there may be significant changes!
* Arrange enough extra time for your way back.
* Bus tickets to Hamburg, Berlin, Bremen and Lübeck can be bought Saturday from 12:00 to 15:00 (3 pm) at our Bus Stop.
* Please use official Wacken-Taxi only - look out for green and yellow Wacken sticker on windshield - and ask for the officially fixed base fees as publicized (blue info sticker inside of taxi).
* The special train to Hamburg drives on Sunday morning at 4.49 am.
Arrive home well and safe!
Your Wacken Open Air traffic team